none
Will Microsoft Task Scheduler "wake up" feature wake up a connected standby system? RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 7 (also in Win 8 consumer preview) the user can create tasks in the task scheduler. When creating a task the user can instruct the task scheduler to "wake the computer to run this task" as one of the  task conditions. My question is: will such a task with such a "wake" condition wake up a mobile pc (i.e. tablet) that is under the "connected standby" power state?
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:19 PM

Answers

• it should, but the point  of connected standby, and general power hygiene, is to not create any timers at all if you can help it. what are you trying to do?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:58 PM

All replies

• it should, but the point  of connected standby, and general power hygiene, is to not create any timers at all if you can help it. what are you trying to do?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 8:58 PM
  • After the Win8 RTM release, do you still think that a device with connected standby under Win8 will wake up when the task is set to wake up? Thanks! I have a scenario that requires a desktop process to wake up from connected standby when the device is connected to AC power.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:05 AM