none
VS 2010 Chart Control - How Do I Eliminate the Space Between my Grouped data RRS feed

• Question

• I'm brand new at trying to use chart controls and am hoping this will be a softball question for experienced users.  Below is a screenshot of my chart control graph.  As you can see, there are three different sets of data, and each set has two data points (quick legend: this is for a school district; 1 = Elementary; 2 = Middle; 3 = High Schools; and the two different data points for each set is the current year vs. prior year).  It took me forever to figure out how to get the two years to show (hoping I did it right, I went to Series Collection and changed "IsValueIndexed" to True).  That let the two years show, however, all of the bars are spaced evenly -- how do I get it so that the Elementary bars are right next to each other, Middle bars next to each other, and High school bars next to each other?

The fields names that are coming in are endYear, schoolLevel (my two x axis data points), and Achievement (the Y axis). 

Below is the aspect code that will show the modifications I've made...

<asp:Chart ID="chAchievement" runat="server" DataMember="DefaultView" 
        DataSourceID="sp_rptKPREPAchievement" Height="427px" Width="766px">
        <Series>
            <asp:Series Name="SchoolLevel-Year" XValueMember="schoolLevel" 
                IsValueShownAsLabel="True" IsXValueIndexed="True" LabelFormat="00.0" 
                YValueMembers="Achievement">
            </asp:Series>
        </Series>
        <ChartAreas>
            <asp:ChartArea Name="chaAchievement">
            </asp:ChartArea>
        </ChartAreas>
    </asp:Chart>

• Edited by puffster Monday, January 6, 2014 9:29 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2014 9:24 PM