.Net Assembly executed by Excel VBA Macro RRS feed

• Question

• Ok,

To start this worked fine before.  But it's a new computer, and a new version of Office, so, of course it doesn't work now.

First problem:

When I compile my assembly in Visual Studio (2013), I get this warning:

Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(4169,5): warning : Type library exporter warning processing 'QWMonthlyLedger.ArchiveData.RunArchivePicker(workBook), QWMonthlyLedger'. Warning: Type library exporter could not find the type library for 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook'.  IUnknown was substituted for the interface.

I don't think I got that before, but just in case it could be the issue. 

So assembly is COM visible, I have my primary class attributed with [ClassInterface(ClassInterfaceType.AutoDual)], and absolutely swear that this assembly was able to be executed by my excel macros.

Second Problem:

I have macro tied in via the ribbon bar, to "Archive" data.  (basically a way of clearing out old tabs into a archive XLSX file)

I step through my code and I get:

Now, my assembly is signed, and the pfx is trusted by my computer. 

However, no matter how many times I recompile the assembly, Excel will no longer create the object like it used to.

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

"Never Trust a computer. Your brain is smarter than any micro-chip."
    PS - Don't mark answers on other people's questions. There are such things as Vacations and Holidays which may reduce timely activity, and until the person asking the question can test your answer, it is not correct just because you think it is. Marking it correct for them often stops other people from even reading the question and possibly providing the real "correct" answer.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• I guess you are using VSTO.

New version of Office? Office 2016?

"Excel will no longer create the object like it used to" What object are you creating? Do you have the code?

Post the code here so people here is easier to solve your problem.

chanmm

chanmm

Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:05 PM
  • Hi JaedenRuiner

• which is your old version and which version you are using as your new version?
    • its look like you are working with VSTO. so you are developing addin or you are working with workbook?
    • it is better if you provide some code so that we can get aware of the code and try to help you.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 18, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Hi JaedenRuiner,

please visit the link below that might help you.

Expose Code to VBA in a Visual C# Project

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:23 AM