none
[WHCK]System - PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After (Certification) failure as smart card reader RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When we run the system WHQL test, it will fail at system IO test.

The failure WHCK test items as below:
    System - PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After (Certification)
    System - Sleep and PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After (Certification)
    System - Sleep with IO Before and After (Certification)
    And there are the same error, and the error message as below:
    WDTF_SIMPLE_IO : SMARTCARDREADERSimpleIO.SmartCardReader.1 SetTarget() ERROR : SmartCardReaderPlugin: SetTarget() - Failed to find a smart card reader with AthenaT0 test card inserted HRESULT=0x80040200 HRESULT=0x80040200

Could you please help to check it?

Thanks.

• Edited by Jimmy i.k Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:07 AM

All replies

• The test requires an Athena T0 test card as documented on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh781398(v=vs.85).aspx.

It can be obtained from: http://www.pcscworkgroup.com/specifications/newtestcards.php

Thanks

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:15 PM
  • Hi Srepaka,

Beacuse we run Win8 system WHCK test, but I only find the PC/SC Test Cards v.2.0 which is only supported on Win7 and VISTA as well as earlier platforms, not includes Win8.

Could you please help me to confirm it? Thanks.

• Edited by Jimmy i.k Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:26 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:25 AM
  • The same cards can be used for Windows 8 testing as well. Thanks.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:29 PM
  • Hello,

We are experiencing the same problem when running the test in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. The card is actually inserted but the error still occurs. What do you think can we do?

Here are the errors:

WDTF_SIMPLE_IO : SMARTCARDREADERSimpleIO.SmartCardReader.1 SetTarget() ERROR : SmartCardReaderPlugin: SetTarget() - Failed to find a smart card reader with AthenaT0 test card inserted HRESULT=0x80040200 HRESULT=0x80040200

WDTF_SIMPLE_IO : SMARTCARDREADERSimpleIO.SmartCardReader.1 SetTarget() ERROR : CSmartCardReaderImpl::IsAthenaT0() - Could not open a handle to the Smart Card Reader device Win32=1 - Incorrect function. Win32=1 - Incorrect function. 

Friday, April 17, 2015 8:03 AM