Is this the right place for help? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm at a loss. I've searched for weeks. I've asked questions with no response. Can anyone tell me if I'm in the wrong place?

I have a very simple app published live on the store right now but when I download the source, ad reference errors and it won't build. If I turn ads off, I download the source code and there are new sets of errors. Yet I don't touch the code at all and this app is published on the store. It is a Windows 10 app. 

I appreciate anyone's advice in advance. If I can't get help here for App Studio, where can I?

Sunday, July 9, 2017 12:09 AM

All replies

• So I posted last week needing some help and I guess that's forgotten. I was told to give more info which I did and/or debug the source code in Visual Studio. So I'm trying to debug in Visual Studio but the references to Advertising SDK's are not included so you cannot build the solution. There's two of them and I found one extension for Windows 10, there's another one for Windows 8 but it didn't work for the second. So I got one reference to go away but the other is still showing that it is missing and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

So what is happening here?

Sunday, July 2, 2017 2:09 PM
  • So I'm freaking out because App Studio is being shut down, Windows Templates is pretty darn difficult, and I guess we cannot keep our apps? If I'm wrong just tell me how I can keep my app. Create a brand new app, add something easy to it, use dev center to create a publish profile for it and do enough to add ads to your app, connect that in settings and then generate and download source code. Try to build the app and see how you are given reference errors. See how everything you search for shows only one SDK to download while the other is gone but still being used by App Studio. So could someone please help me understand what I'm missing here? I am giving a link to a post I asked about this already with no response. I cannot be the only one with this problem when all I did was add ads and download source code like everyone here tells me to do to debug... But I cannot even debug. So please help me out here. Would hate to lose the opportunity App Studio gave that they are no longer providing. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/7dea9d66-6904-460c-9a4c-e4dfb00a6811/download-source-code-try-to-debug-advertising-sdk-references-dont-exist?forum=wpappstudio
    Friday, July 7, 2017 7:28 PM
  • Hello,

The libraries used in App Studio are available as Nuget packages here: https://www.nuget.org/packages?q=Tags%3A%22AppStudio%22

You may check the errors and run command in Package Manager Console to install the missing reference:

eg. PM> Install-Package WindowsAppStudio.DataProviders -Version 1.5.1

The Ad SDK from App Studio might not be supported. And I'd like to recommend you to implement ad configuration via Visual Studio, which is very simple. You can refer to Display ads in your app with the Microsoft Advertising SDK .

Besides, Windows App Studio will halt completely on 1st December 2017, and users could use Windows Template Studio after that. So I'm not sure if the App Studio support channel will still work then. You may send an email to windowsappstudio@microsoft.com if you need to get help about App Studio. 

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Thanks, the app is published on the store right now. I'm only concerned with how it can be published, downloaded and used if something in it is not supported? Like App Studio ads?

I've gone through much of what you showed me. So are you suggesting that I may have to turn ads off in App Studio and then implement them as linked above? You say it is easy and as long as it is then that's not the end of the world but if it's a lot of code then I may be in for some good stress. It's just baffling to me then with how the app is published live as of right now...

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:30 PM