none
WCF - Impersonation RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,
    I am running the WCF service under "abc" account which is using app security, and my biztalk is running under "xyz" account. I have added the xyz to app security and granted access to for wcf service application. But I am not able to invoke WCF sevice successfully.

Following is the error logged at WCF service end, which implies I am able to invoke WCF service, but it's failing due to access or account ID issue.

ERROR AppSecurityLog [(null)] - A fatal error has occured
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please let me knwo your suggestion.

Thanks
    Murari

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:43 AM

All replies

• well this is generic error either required value is not getting passed or class has not been initialised
    KiranMP
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:23 AM
  • Hi Murari,

What are credentials inside your IIS Server virtual directory that's hosting the WCF/SOAP adapter. What are the credentials for the app pool? I think you have to look at the configuration of your WCF Service: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb750319(BTS.10).aspx. Follow steps provided in link with appropiate OS.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    (http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/)
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:59 AM
  • It sounds like WAS or a Windows service is actually hosting the service, not IIS. There could be multiple things to do to setup the security. The error message though really looks like something is not being passed to the service which is resulting in the error. You should try to find a stack trace to get more diagnostic information about what is/is not going on.

It actually sounds more like an authorization rather than impersonation issue. Are you implementing a custom authorization provider as part of your web service? If so, make sure the BizTalk app host you are calling from is authorized.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:09 AM
  • Hi, Murari

We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to Question? If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:16 AM