Windows app certification kit

Question

• hi,

i'm developing 2 different apps (using sqlite).

if i certificate the app with the app certification kit standalone there are no problems,instead if i certificate the app using visual studio 2013 the certification kit tells me that the app had a crash problem.

if i only perform the crash test with visual studio the app is validated.

this problem occurs in both apps.

Saturday, December 7, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Alessandro,

I'm not sure if it is too late to reply you because someone moved your question to this forum few hours ago.

What is your version of WACK installed in your system? 3.1 is the latest one, all the app should be test with this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/apps/bg127575, some times older version of WACK may let the app pass but newer one won't.

Meanwhile apps that install mixed binaries may crash or not run correctly depending upon the user's processor architecture. Furthermore including unsupported binaries can lead to your app crashing or an unnecessary increase in the app package size. Also Windows compatibility modes should be supported by your app, otherwise the app will crash.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:15 AM