Toggle binary fields in standard- List.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• User-1033738947 posted

Hello!

In my old CMS I had a feature, that i could toggle binary fields always already in List-View.

Now I want to realize this feature with DD.

So I've created a ToggleButton-Fieldtemplate (based on Boolean_edit.ascx) with ToggleButtonExtender.

At this point I mapped binary fields in MetaData via  <UIHint("ToggleButton")> (VB).

So it worked, but changes are not saved! In List.Aspx I can toggle as I want, changes ar not written to database.

What do I have to do, that changes immediatly saved to Database?

Thanks for all help!

Thomas

Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:53 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

sorry not sure what your toggle field template is doing?

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:15 AM
  • User-1033738947 posted

Hello!

Same as Boolean_Edit.ascx, with ToggleButtonExtender assigned to the checkbox ...
    At first look I copied Boolean_Edit.ascx to Boolean.ascx to have edit capabilities, whenever a boolean field occurs.
    Checkbox can always be changed, but changes ar not written back to database....

Maybe I can also use an custom IAutoFieldGenerator ?!?!?

The point should be, that generaly the user can easily toggle boolean fields already in the list or in Details, without the requirement to opening a new site for edit mode. But when in edit-mode, then the look and feel should still be the same... 

Thanks!

Thomas

Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:00 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Hi Thomas, can you email me the field template so I can test please? (my e-mail address is on my blog)

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:48 AM
  • User3866881 posted

Can you show us your detailled information of your aspx and cs codes?

Can you compare what we can see in the screen and what have you clicked to save the data into db? And what's happening to db?

Please elebrate it more.

Friday, October 12, 2012 9:43 PM