none
TableBinding.setFormatsAsync not working for Excel Online RRS feed

• Question

• I am using TableBinding.setFormatsAsync to format cells in Excel Online (using SharePoint 2013 SP1 & integrated with Office Web Apps Server 2013 - SP1), however it is not formatting cells. According to this, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn482536%28v=office.1501401%29.aspx this method call sets cell and table format, with Office JavaScript API 1.1.

The desktop Excel is doing cell formatting as expected with the same method call. What could be a reason, as it works for Desktop version and not for Excel Online? Any help or direction would be helpful.

Thanks,

Samir

• Edited by SamirPatel08 Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:10 PM to clarify question.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Samir,

>> What could be a reason, as it works for Desktop version and not for Excel Online?<<

Thanks for you feedback. As far as I know, the Formatting API is currently only available for Desktop version of Excel 2013.  The online version of it will probably come in this Jul with the next major update.

You can get more detail from the relative threads below:
    setFormatsAsync gives 5001 Internal Error

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Samir,

>> What could be a reason, as it works for Desktop version and not for Excel Online?<<

Thanks for you feedback. As far as I know, the Formatting API is currently only available for Desktop version of Excel 2013.  The online version of it will probably come in this Jul with the next major update.

You can get more detail from the relative threads below:
    setFormatsAsync gives 5001 Internal Error

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:28 AM
  • Thanks Fei. I am assuming that the update will come as part of SharePoint and Office Web APP server, and the code implemented for Desktop version will work for Online Excel after July update.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:35 PM