Upgrading from Crystal Reports to other Reporting type RRS feed

• Question

• User-2048571045 posted

I have an old system that I am modifying.

The reports are written in crystal reports.

The stakeholder wants me to rewrite the crystal reports using some other report type as there are now licensing costs for the crystal reports.

What would be a good report type to use instead of crystal reports?

Thanks.

Monday, November 7, 2011 5:30 AM

Answers

• User591846727 posted

take a look into List & Label.

in the latest version there is an improved crystal reports converter included.

there is even a free edition available. we have always been very satisfied with this crystal reports alternative!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 9:26 AM

All replies

• User591846727 posted

take a look into List & Label.

in the latest version there is an improved crystal reports converter included.

there is even a free edition available. we have always been very satisfied with this crystal reports alternative!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 9:26 AM
  • User-2048571045 posted

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the free edition and they seem ok.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:12 AM
  • User887197403 posted

StonefieldQuery is designed specifically for the casual user. It gives them the ability to create their own ad-hoc queries and   reports, production reports, and parameterized reports from scratch without needing to know anything about programming.

What do others say about Stonefield Query?

Despite my past affair with Crystal Reports, I have to   report that I’ve thrown over my loyalty to Stonefield Query. The simplicity and   depth of the program make it easy for me to recommend.“

-
    Doug Wolf,   Author  Crystal Reports for Dummies

"In our experience, many of our SBE clients don’t want the limitations of static reports. They prefer to create and adapt reports in response to evolving business requirements. We recommend Stonefield Query for businesses who require more advanced reports because, unlike Crystal Reports, even a novice can create sophisticated reports with very little training (often less than an hour)."

- Lindsay Garrison, On the verge Inc.

Monday, November 21, 2011 4:59 PM