• i am using 3 windows with excel in office 365

after update from juli this vba code is not working

Windows(ThisWorkbook.Name & ":2").Visible = True
    Windows(ThisWorkbook.Name & ":3").Visible = True
    Windows(ThisWorkbook.Name & ":1").Visible = True
    Windows(ThisWorkbook.Name & ":1").Activate

example map1:1, map1:2 , map1:3 arenot  recognized

names are now map1 - 1, map1 - 2, map1 - 3

But even with macro recorder The names are not recorded and all windows have the same name

Someone same problem, and or solution?

Thursday, September 7, 2017 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel features, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Excel Developer:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Hello,

It seems that Excel changes the name of new windows in recent versions. You could go to File -> Feedback to submit your feedback about it.

You could follow How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run to revert to earlier version to confirm which version starts with this change.  Please visit Version and build numbers of update channel releases to see the list of version and build numbers.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:35 AM
  • I'm working back with older version 16.0.6741.2048 and have no problem.
    But now, of course, I can not update my office 365 anymore.
    Will this be resolved in the future?
    Or can anyone give me a code to work around

Regards 

Harry

• Edited by Harrydlk Friday, September 8, 2017 8:45 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hello,

After some tests, i find we could not change the caption or use "Book1-1" to reference the windows. If you output the caption of the windows, you would get the "Book1". I think there is no method to work around. 

Please go to File -> Feedback to submit your feedback about the issue. If the issue is urgent, please contact the Microsoft professional support.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. 

For creating an incident, I suggest you try below steps.
    1. Open
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-my 
    2. Get More support->Developers
    3. Developers->Visual Studio, Microsoft imagine, BizSpark and WebsiteSpark->Microsoft Technical Support
    4. Select
    Office Professional Plus 2016
    5. Select the third option I use it as an IT Professional, developer or Microsoft partner->Next
    6. Create an incident->Excel-> Programming..

7. Start request
    Hope it will help.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 9:48 AM