none
Accessing Project Online REST API from remote event handler RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to access the "/_api/ProjectData" REST endpoint from a Project Online remote event handler.

I tried using the "App only access token" but eventually figured out that they are not supported.

I am running against the project deadline and really need this functionality. Just wish knew earlier that it would be so hard!

public void OnPublishedRemote(PSContextInfo contextInfo, Guid eventHandlerUid, ProjectPostPublishEventArgs e) 
    {
        // Need to access the REST API from here
    }
    I would really appreciate any help you can provide. If accessing REST API is not possible, please do feel free to suggest other options to get the data out of Project Online.

• Edited by Munjal116 Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies

• Munjal,

Project Online doesn't support App Only tokens AFAIK.

Microsoft recommend two ways to solve this:
     - Store the access/refresh token of the user who installs your app.  This is done by registering for the App Installed RER.

- Store the credentials of a service account who has Portfolio Viewer permission or above to access the _api/ProjectData feed.

I hope the Project Online team start implement App-Only tokens in a future release - but don't hold your breath. 

Regards,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

• Edited by James Boman Monday, September 14, 2015 6:27 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 6:27 AM