Importing Existing Data Into Club Starter Kit RRS feed

• Question

• User-573569638 posted
    I just recently downloaded the Club Starter Kit and it would would great for a high school group that I work with.  I currently have a database with all the students info and want to import their information into the aspdotnet data tables and then assign them to the club database.  I need to create their username as first initial last name and their password set to for example 1234 (I really am not going to do this but just example).  I know I need to import into the aspnet_users table, and aspnet_membership table and there are all the gui numbers for application etc.  does anyone have a good idea on how to complete this import?
    Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:39 AM

All replies

• User1887545391 posted

I need to create their username as first initial last name and their password set to for example 1234

If the database is a format that is supported by ASP.NET2 you could create a script to import the data and add it to the membership database. You can find details here. I created a similar script to fixup the admin account which can be adapted and can be downloaded here.

HTH

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:00 AM