none
Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Guest Will NOT Shutdown No Matter What I Do! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Host with 4 VMs.  All of which has been working perfectly until about a week ago.  The strange this is I never turned on Windows Updates so NOTHING that I know of has changed on this host.  I cannot shut down any of the VMs on this host.  They all get stuck at 90%.  I have found the problem, but have no idea how to fix it.  If I remove the Network Adapter which is just the default settings for the Virtual Switch using the host's network adapter, it WILL shutdown.  What in the world has happened?!?!?  I can't kill the process with ANYTHING either.  The host even locks up shutting down when a VM is stuck like this.  I have to manually power it down.  I have spent hours searching the internet and have found numerous pages saying to use taskkill or SYSTERNALS Process Explorer, etc and which none of it will kill the process.  I always end up with Access Denied.  Really?  Is it that difficult to shut down a dang process?!?!?!?  I am at my wits end and this is the FIRST time in over 20 years working with Microsoft products that I have ever had to contact them about an issue.  Usually there is a fix out there, but I have found NONE.  Please Help!!!!!!
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 4:55 PM