none
AS2 Sendport reconfigured itself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a strange problem. We have an AS2 setup in our BizTalk which has 2 sendports to our partner to QA and PROD. In both of them the send pipeline was resetted to Pass Through from AS2 by itself. The only thing I could found in the logs was, that our partner has a problem which was first resulting in an 502 error and then in an unable to connet to server. After the server of our partners were back online, we retried to send the messages but we got a 500 error with the information AS2-from value ist not given. After a look in the configuration I saw that all pipelines were set to Pass Through. Could this happen when the BizTalk encountered to much errors during sending?
    Friday, September 11, 2009 8:22 AM

Answers

• Peter,

Are you sure no one imported old bindings?  I've seen this happen when a change to the application was made in development then deployed to production.  If the person had the pipeline set to passthrough in development so they could test, then this setting would be moved up when the app was deployed.

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Friday, September 11, 2009 1:21 PM

All replies

• I have never heard of such thing.
    Did this happen more, than once?

Jozsef

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 11, 2009 10:27 AM
  • No, but it happend to both send ports at the same time. If only one has been impacted, I would say perhaps someone has acccidently done this. But on the other side there are not so many people in our company who has access to this.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 10:43 AM
  • Peter,

Are you sure no one imported old bindings?  I've seen this happen when a change to the application was made in development then deployed to production.  If the person had the pipeline set to passthrough in development so they could test, then this setting would be moved up when the app was deployed.

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Friday, September 11, 2009 1:21 PM
  • The only thing I found in the Event Log now was that there was a prolbem with the management database and it seems that it was recovered with an old status, but then this status has to be very old and why is such a thing only one short statement in the Event Log, if it could impact such things?!?!
    Friday, September 11, 2009 1:32 PM
  • Redeploying from VS to your BizTalk server can also clear out the pipeline bindings. This is why I always export a backup copy (at least 1 or 2) of the bindings before deploying from VS.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, September 11, 2009 6:46 PM