Specifies that the text shall be justified between both
    of the text margins in the document.
    The lowKashida setting shall also be applied to Arabic
    text when this setting is applied.
    This type of justification shall only affect the interword
    spacing on each line, and not the inter-character
    spacing between each word when justifying its
    contents.

I think what they mean is "the inter-character spacing between each character", not "the inter-character spacing between each word". In other words justified text has larger spaces between words, but not larger spaces between letters in a word.

This is how Word seems to be rendering text. Is this correct?

thanks - dave

Who will win The Windward International Collegiate Programming Championships?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that the wording in ISO/IEC 29500-1 section “17.18.44 ST_Jc (Horizontal Alignment Type)” for value “both” is wrong; I found similar misworded sentence for “thaiDistribute”, too. I filed a suggestion that the corrected sentences should be documented in [MS-OI29500].

Thanks, Vilmos
    • Proposed as answer by Vilmos Foltenyi Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

A member of the Protocols Team will investigate this and follow up on the forum.

Regards,

Mark Miller | Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Open Protocols Team

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:54 PM
  • Hi David,

I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. In order to better understand your question, please post or send the file as attachment to ‘dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com’ and in the e-mail indicate that it is for me. Be sure that the file does not contain any confidential information. Please indicate where the text is and which kind of spacing problem it has.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:04 PM
  • Hi Vilmos;

I don't have an example per-se. What I notices was if a line in a para only fits a single word, then if it's set to justify it still rendered as left aligned. Looking at what happens, I think it is only widening the spaces between words, and not between letters in words.

Is that correct?

thanks - dave

Who will win The Windward International Collegiate Programming Championships?

Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:58 PM
  • Hi David,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that the wording in ISO/IEC 29500-1 section “17.18.44 ST_Jc (Horizontal Alignment Type)” for value “both” is wrong; I found similar misworded sentence for “thaiDistribute”, too. I filed a suggestion that the corrected sentences should be documented in [MS-OI29500].

Thanks, Vilmos
    • Proposed as answer by Vilmos Foltenyi Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:59 PM