Error Message: Could not load type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to add a new data connection to an existing application in visual studio 2008 on another computer and I received the following error:

Error Message: Could not load type

'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.SyncFacade.SyncManager' from Assembly

'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage,Version=9.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

Any ideas why this happened?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

• I found the error. I had to change the connection string when I copied the application to a new computer.

In the Server Explorer I clicked on the server I was using and in the Properties pane I selected the text by Connection String and pasted it into

sqlConnect.ConnectionString = "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=GPS Bio;Integrated Security=True"

• Marked as answer by maamearaba Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:41 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi maamearaba,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. This forum is to discuss Visual Studio Debugger tool. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, December 30, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Try posting this question in one of the "Working with Data in Visual Studio" Forums at the following address

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/vsdata

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Friday, December 30, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Thanks for your help.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 10:04 PM
  • Thank you I will check the forums there.
    Friday, December 30, 2011 10:04 PM
  • I found the error. I had to change the connection string when I copied the application to a new computer.

In the Server Explorer I clicked on the server I was using and in the Properties pane I selected the text by Connection String and pasted it into

sqlConnect.ConnectionString = "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=GPS Bio;Integrated Security=True"

• Marked as answer by maamearaba Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:41 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:41 AM