Synchronising Transactions with Spring Framework, NHibernate and WF4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm needing a help with the following scenario. I have a service that initiates a transaction, this transaction is managed by Spring Framework, therefore the transaction is created in an aspect. The problem is that the wf4 doesn't use the same transaction created by Spring, what causes some collateral effects. My domain interacts with Workflow Foundation, it requests to WF the next state, then the WF executes and returns the state to domain, but any problems can occurs after the WF does its job and saved the state in the database, if some problem occurs in domain after the workflow executed and saved its state to database, the workflow should rollback to previous state and stays consistent with domain. I tried to use the MSDTC to solve this problem, but when the method Persist of WorkflowApplication class is invoked, it stay locked until the timeout exception occurs. Someone knows how can I solve this? Thanks, Murilo

Friday, January 18, 2013 6:29 PM

All replies

• I'm not really sure about Spring as I haven't tested with it.  I'm pretty sure it's not a supported configuration however.

As to the DTC issue, I would need more information to troubleshoot this, including tracking information and potentially dumps.  You may want to consider opening a case with CSS to work on this.

MS Developer Support

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:58 PM
  • Good question, I also have same issue, may be overriding persistence layer with NHibernate will help solving this issue. I am going to try that, because the database I want to persist my workflows is Oracle.
    Monday, May 26, 2014 7:53 AM