SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all! I have problems with my web service

I'm coding in C# in VS 2005. I got the above error when I execute my web service.

Actually, the web service calls a method from a class that is located in another project referenced by the web service. This method reads data from a database located on our server and the error happens when I close the connection to the database with the instruction: conn.close().

Can you help me please?

Roxane

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:19 PM

All replies

• Roxane,

You find no useful information in SoapException object – because it is not a real exception thrown on the server side – it's just a warning - “something bad happened on the server – attach your debugger to the w3p.exe”. To find out the root of the problem I recommend you to enclose a body of web method's code with the try-catch block and log all relevant details of the caught exception (it will contain the information about the REAL source of the trouble) the to a file or event log.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:34 PM
  • System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at ScripsWebService.Scrips.DownloadBulkDeals(String sflag, String dd, String mm, String yyyy, String ddTo, String mmTo, String yyyyTo, String dflag, String bulkblock) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ScripsWebService\Scrips.asmx.vb:line 139 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Saturday, June 3, 2006 11:19 AM
  •  satyap wrote:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at ScripsWebService.Scrips.DownloadBulkDeals(String sflag, String dd, String mm, String yyyy, String ddTo, String mmTo, String yyyyTo, String dflag, String bulkblock) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ScripsWebService\Scrips.asmx.vb:line 139 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

please give me reply

Saturday, June 3, 2006 11:21 AM