none
Publishing Xbox-capable UWP app only to flight package target users

Question

• Hi,
    I want to release my xbox-capable uwp app only to flight package users, not to public. Is this capable?

I have a UWP app on the store. The app is released to public, and it is applicable for PC, mobile, hololens and Team.
    Now, I've upload a new flight package that use anniversary update sdk.
    Is this new flight package applicable for xbox? or it will be restricted with current public release target?

best regards,

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hello,
    >Is this new flight package applicable for xbox? 
    Package flight is applicable for Xbox UWP app. People in your flight groups should sign in with their Microsoft accounts to get a package flight. However, for Xbox device users in your flight group, they need to check for this update manually to get the new package while desktop and mobile device users in your flight group will get it automatically.
    More details about package flight for Xbox, see here.

>or it will be restricted with current public release target?
    Actually anyone not added to your flight group, or is using a device that doesn’t support your package flights, will get packages from your non-flighted submission.
    If you want more details about Xbox UWP app, see UWP on Xbox one and known issues with UWP on Xbox one.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    >Is this new flight package applicable for xbox? 
    Package flight is applicable for Xbox UWP app. People in your flight groups should sign in with their Microsoft accounts to get a package flight. However, for Xbox device users in your flight group, they need to check for this update manually to get the new package while desktop and mobile device users in your flight group will get it automatically.
    More details about package flight for Xbox, see here.

>or it will be restricted with current public release target?
    Actually anyone not added to your flight group, or is using a device that doesn’t support your package flights, will get packages from your non-flighted submission.
    If you want more details about Xbox UWP app, see UWP on Xbox one and known issues with UWP on Xbox one.

Best Regards!
    Mattew Wu
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Hi,
    The link you suggested is useful for me:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/package-flights

>If your package flight supports a device family that your non-flighted submission doesn’t support,
    This case is suitable for my case. I'll try to update my non-flighted submission to support xbox one.
    Thanks for your support.
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:14 AM