Connect Biztalk to external web service RRS feed

• Question

• I have only a message scenario , no orchestration, no business logic as such. 

Just a source and destination schema, mapped with few data transformations in the map, and then I need to connect to an external web service and send the message to web service.

What would be the best way of doing this ?
    Monday, April 20, 2015 3:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to call a web service with your transformed data, then you need to create a send port with "WCF-Basic Http" adapter. You need to specify the URI of web service while configuring the adapter.

Thanks, Girish R. Patil.

• Marked as answer by viv_levi1 Monday, April 20, 2015 5:36 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 4:01 AM
  • It is pretty easy and well documented at MSDN Library.

To consume Web services in a messaging only scenario, do the following:

• Create a proxy library and XML schemas for invoking Web services
    • Configure a send port and receive location for consuming a Web service

How to Consume Web Services in a Messaging Only Scenario

Consuming a web service in a non orchestration scenario

BizTalk Server 2009 : Consuming WCF services without orchestration

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Monday, April 20, 2015 4:39 AM
  • Thank you :)
    Monday, April 20, 2015 5:37 AM
  • Hi All,

I have only a message scenario , no orchestration, no business logic as such. 

Just a source and destination schema, mapped with few data transformations in the map, and then I need to connect to an external web service and send the message to web service.

I tried this creating proxy and configured send port mentioning web service url using WCF-BasicHttp adapter.

When posting message to external web service , I could see in message tracked event in the message body a well formed XML.

but at the external web service entry point, the data is null, cannot figure out what happening .

help needed

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

Make sure you have specified the correct action while configuring the send port.

Thanks, Girish R. Patil.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:27 AM