none
Need to run a Project 2010 Macro method with Administrator privilege RRS feed

• Question

• Need to run a Project 2010 Macro method with Administrator privilege

Is it possible to run a Project 2010 Macro method (function) with Administrator privileges if the person who logged in is a Manager?

Right now the issue is, when I try to run the Macro function ‘BaselineSave’ with a Manager right, it shows Permission denied error message.

So I just want to impersonate and run the method with Admin privileges.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

• Moved by Alexander.BurtonModerator Friday, July 1, 2011 12:56 PM Development question (From:Project Server General Questions and Answers)
    Friday, July 1, 2011 10:30 AM

All replies

• I dont think impersonation is possible in VBA. Sorry
    --- Brian Kennemer http://www.projectified.com
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:17 PM
  • I think Brian's right. You would need to use PSI code for this, or provide the manager with baseline save protected baseline permissions. If you haven't enabled protected baselines, there shouldn't be a problem saving a baseline. What error message do you get?

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Friday, July 1, 2011 10:41 PM
  • Thanks both, for the quick responses.

I am getting the message: “Cannot clear or save baseline.  You do not have the adequate permission to save baseline to baseline 6-10”

Actually I was trying a copy from ‘Work’ field to ‘Baseline10-Work’ field (BaselineSave All:=True, Copy:=0, Into:=20).

This error is coming because ‘Project Managers’ group doesn’t have permission to this field.

Is it possible to make a PSI call from Macro instead of creating an Add-In?

Is there any possible solution for this?

Monday, July 4, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Yes it can be done. See the following post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/project2010custprog/thread/cb313a2f-0826-49b2-96cd-225346fd12ea

I think Jim Corbin's advice might be best in that post.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Monday, July 4, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Thanks..

I think we have to install SOAP Tool Kit for making a PSI call from VB MAcro.

Is this SOAP Tool kit installation required only in Project Server or is it required on each and every client machine?

Friday, July 8, 2011 6:35 AM