SIP for PCL iOS/Android/UWP RRS feed

• Question

• User337540 posted

I am trying to build an app that utilizes SIP in a Xamarin.Forms PCL app for iOS, Android, and Windows 10 UWP. Does anyone know of a library that covers PCL or at least covers all three platforms? I can find it for Android and iOS, but none so far for UWP.

I have looked at the following Libraries, if I missed something on one of these please let me know! PortSIP OZEKI VoIP SDK SIP.NET PJSIP.Interop

PJSIP.Interop got me the closest, as in the Nougat package installed on all platforms, but UWP will not compile. UWP seems to be the biggest hurdle for finding a complete SIP library. Is there a SIP API built into .NET Core or something that I can plug into?

Need to be able to register, VoIP, IM, more is always better

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:02 PM

All replies

• User19373 posted

Hi Bobby!

Now that UWP supports .NET Standard 2.0, it has become easier to target Xamarin and UWP platforms with the same class libraries.

I have made an attempt to port part of the SIP Sorcery class libraries to .NET Standard 2.0. Please take a look at my pull request to the Github main repository. (Unfortunately I am not allowed to post hyperlinks here yet, but search for the "sipsorcery" on Github, and look for pull request #51.)

So far, I have been able to make outgoing and incoming SIP calls with UWP (for some reason I get access denied exception in the FreePort.FindNextAvailableUDPPort method, but apart from that no other issues yet).

On Android, there seems to be more access issues. I have not been able to figure out how to call LocalIPConfig.GetDefaultIPv4Address without access denied errors.

Anyway, feel free to try out the .NET Standard libraries for SIP Sorcery and see if you can get farther than me on Android for example. Anything you find out would be of great value to me.

/ Anders

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:06 AM