Generated Windows store app package name looks strange RRS feed

• Question

• I've set up my account and created my app. Now I'm at the point to associate them. So I use "Store > Associate App with the Store" and choose my reserved application name. Now I see what values will be transfered to my app. The value of "Package name" makes me wondering.

It looks like this: 12345Myname.Myappname

So what is 12345? Why is the package name not "Myname.Myappname"? If I look at "...\AppData\Local\Packages\" I can see that most of the other apps start with the company name and not some random number. So why is mine?

(How) Can I change that?

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:17 PM

All replies

• Have you edited your appname and display name in the App Manifest?
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Thanks for your reply!

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. I've configured the app manifest locally so it looked fine. However, when using the "Associate App with the Store" dialog, choosing the reserved app name and proceeding it shows me the information that it's going to use:

http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/win8associatec07afb16png.png

Of course I can modify all occurances of "12345Myname" to "Myname" in the project folder files. However, my fear is that it'll cause trouble when submitting the app. There must be a reason why the store association trys to add the number prefix to my name, doesn't it?

Monday, May 20, 2013 9:42 PM