none
Word 2010 - Creating document from password protected template, document not protected RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Word 2010 template that is password protected.  The template has a few fill in fields with labels that need to be protected.  When enabling protection, the template appears to function correctly as only the fill in fields can be changed.  However, when I create a document from this template by double-clicking on it, the resulting document does not seem to be protected.  I can change anything in the document including the labels.  What do I have to do to the template so that I can make that available to a user so that when they double-click it, a new protected document is created automatically?
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• This should be as simple as opening the template as a document, enforcing protection, and saving the file. The next time you create a document based on the template, that document will be protected, just like the template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:08 PM

All replies

• This should be as simple as opening the template as a document, enforcing protection, and saving the file. The next time you create a document based on the template, that document will be protected, just like the template.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi kzare1,

How about the problem on your side now? Please have a look at Stefan's suggestion.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:34 AM