Can't log in. Nag about setting up free azure account. I already have an account. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1656467314 posted

I've just installed WebMatrix and during setup I was offered a Free Azure account.

Following through, I was offered an upgrade because I'm in MSDN and am entitled to an azure account with a limit each month (visual studio ultimate).  I decided to go with this upgrade instead and completed the wizard to subscribe.

Now, every time I run WebMatrix and attempt to log in, I get a box saying "Activate Windows Azure. Thank you for signing in. It looks like we just need a little more information to activate your Windows Azure Free Trial", underneath is a Next button. If I click that then my browser fires up and a window opens to the Azure sign up page. The sign up page says "Oops!Free Trial is not available.You already have a Microsoft Azure subscription. Only new users can get the free trial."

The WebMatrix app just returns to asking me to sign into my microsoft account, the "Not now" button returns me to the startup screen and I don't get logged in.

I can't get out of this loop! How do I fix this please?

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:07 PM

All replies