none
Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Question

• Hi, I'm attempting to build a tabular model in SQL Server 2017, and I'm having difficulty loading data from sources that require my windows credentials (e.g. SharePoint on prem, files on our network drive).

'Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel..'

I can access SQL Server using a db account, and some file by using the 'Impersonate Service Account' option. I'm not a DBA and don't have admin access to the server..

Any ideas?!

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi AndyT1980,

Thanks for your question.

>>>'Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel..'
    According to above error, it seems that you have permission problem to connect to SharePoint list, you might need to ask the SharePoint sever admin add permissions to your account.

Below are blogs about loading data from SharePoint to Power BI, this is similar to SSAS tabular model in SQL server 2017:
    https://blog.jourdant.me/post/loading-data-from-files-in-sharepoint
    https://powerbi.tips/2016/09/loading-excel-files-from-sharepoint/

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by alexander fun Monday, May 21, 2018 11:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by AndyT1980 Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:54 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2018 2:48 AM