Thread issue - Not getting QTP objects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting a strange issue.

I have a WPF form and I have created automated scripts using the QTP. I am able to get the objects.

Recently I have done some changes while opening the FORM. I have added a progress bar dialog. I will show a progress bar when I double-click to open the FORM and it will be closed once the loading the FORM is completed. This ProgressBar dialog is loaded using a threading. Since then my automation scripts are failing. The reason is it could not get the objects.

Can anyone help in this regard.

Padma

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• You can and should download WINDBG to the system having problems.  Then use WINDBG to start QTP script.  When exception happens you can break into the WINFORM logic to see what's going on.  The WINDBG main menu allows you to set First Chance Excpetion watches.  So that when an exception happens WINDBG get's it before it bubbles up the stack.  Of course you can single step in QTP as well using the QTP IDE.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

• Marked as answer by Sheldon _Xiao Monday, April 9, 2012 2:43 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

• Best tip is to run your new code in single step mode in the debugger.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:04 PM
  • hello,

but this i can't do in SIT environment. my QTP scripts are failing.

Padma

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:04 PM
  • What is SIT environent?  You can attach a debugger to a running instance of the WinForm, can you do that?

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:13 PM
  • SIT is the system integration testing environment. I can't do in the debug mode. It is deployed environment Padma
    Friday, March 30, 2012 4:47 AM
  • You can and should download WINDBG to the system having problems.  Then use WINDBG to start QTP script.  When exception happens you can break into the WINFORM logic to see what's going on.  The WINDBG main menu allows you to set First Chance Excpetion watches.  So that when an exception happens WINDBG get's it before it bubbles up the stack.  Of course you can single step in QTP as well using the QTP IDE.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

• Marked as answer by Sheldon _Xiao Monday, April 9, 2012 2:43 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:20 PM