none
Can we use office Interop Assemblies with out Installing MSOffice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an application to convert files to pdf where I use office interop Assemblies. I want to make an .exe file of this. Can I use this application on a machine where there is no office Installation. Please give me clarification

George Mathew
    • Moved by edhickey Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:39 PM (From:.NET 4: Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi George

No, the Office object models cannot be used without the Office installation being present on the machine. And you can't distribute it as part of a solution, either.

Office is an end-user product with a programming API that's open to developers. But the product must be installed and licensed through the installation.

You may have to look for a third-party product if you want something you can distribute in the manner you envision.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi George

No, the Office object models cannot be used without the Office installation being present on the machine. And you can't distribute it as part of a solution, either.

Office is an end-user product with a programming API that's open to developers. But the product must be installed and licensed through the installation.

You may have to look for a third-party product if you want something you can distribute in the manner you envision.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:44 PM
  • thanks ....

George Mathew
    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:05 AM