AutoCompleteExtender: Obtain value in textbox before AutoCompleteExtender selection RRS feed

• Question

• User1908201419 posted

I have an AutoCompleteExtender on a textbox which queries for a field that may or may not be in a table. If it is not in the table, I have an option within the WebService to create an item which tells the user that the study ID was not found and to click here (the AutoCompleteExtender Item) to create the entry. This opens a modal which I want to have the previously entered study ID in a field in the modal, followed by the other fields for entry. I got as far as to open the modal on the item selection, yet all the assigning from one textbox to another reverts to either the text or value of the AutoCompleteExtender item created to launch the modal. How can I capture what was in the original textbox before the AutoCompleteExtender item puts its values into it?

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi nhuebner,

I have an AutoCompleteExtender on a textbox which queries for a field that may or may not be in a table. If it is not in the table, I have an option within the WebService to create an item which tells the user that the study ID was not found and to click here (the AutoCompleteExtender Item) to create the entry. This opens a modal which I want to have the previously entered study ID in a field in the modal, followed by the other fields for entry. I got as far as to open the modal on the item selection, yet all the assigning from one textbox to another reverts to either the text or value of the AutoCompleteExtender item created to launch the modal. How can I capture what was in the original textbox before the AutoCompleteExtender item puts its values into it?

Could you please post the codes you have done to open the model popup for user to create a new entry?

In my opinion, if user has already create a new entry, you could directly get the user typed textbox value, then directly fill the value into the original textbox.

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:12 AM