Split Form for Linked DBase Table, cannot add to Navigation Form RRS feed

• Question

• I have started a Web Database in Access-2010.  I created a "linked" table (linked back to SQL Server database).  I then made "split" form for the records in the "linked" table.  I then created a Navigation form.  I am not allowed to drag/drop (or other methods) the "split" form on to the Navigation form in layout view.  I get the mouse pointer of "circle w/ slash" for "no - cannot do that".
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:37 PM

Answers

• split forms cannot be subforms of other forms.  Essentially that is what you are trying to do which may be why it won't allow you to add it.  If you change it to a "normal" form will it allow you to drag/drop?

For the benefit of others, please mark posts as answered or helpful when they answer or assist you in finding the answer. ___ "We came all this way to explore the Moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the Earth." - Bill Anders, Apollo 8.

• Marked as answer by MDG_DBA Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:10 PM

All replies

• split forms cannot be subforms of other forms.  Essentially that is what you are trying to do which may be why it won't allow you to add it.  If you change it to a "normal" form will it allow you to drag/drop?

For the benefit of others, please mark posts as answered or helpful when they answer or assist you in finding the answer. ___ "We came all this way to explore the Moon, and the most important thing is that we discovered the Earth." - Bill Anders, Apollo 8.

• Marked as answer by MDG_DBA Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:10 PM
  • check out this link http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/6802eb18-7659-4bd4-a5ed-106a66bcbfed I had a similar problem some time ago and had to do a workaround.

• Edited by -suzyQ Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Thanks suzyQ.  I was afraid of that.  I have followed your below link.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:43 PM