I need to add a forgot password/Forgot Username to the login screen RRS feed

• Question

• I am using forms authentication and I don't want to create my own login screen, but I would like to add a screen for the user to be able to reset their password.  I have found several blogs of creating my own login screen in ASP.NET but I would like to use the standard tools within lightswitch.  Any suggestions?
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• A user can change password after they login in lower right corner. TMK, there is no easy way (or published way) to add that same ability to default login.
    - "Five is right out!" Please mark as answered if this answers the question :-)
    Monday, October 3, 2011 5:02 AM
  • ...but what about if they can not log in?
    PP
    Monday, October 17, 2011 3:06 PM
  • This topic has already been discussed in another thread, with interesting considerations in the last reply:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitch/thread/52c52a33-c562-44ca-af41-79d3c1369975/

Alessandro Del Sole
    Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic: development
    http://community.visual-basic.it/alessandro/
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Paul,

in that case Users are not authenticated if they don't have proper password.

Security administrator in LightSwitch application can change password for any user in published application by Security Administration Screen (Users). Thats why you need to create app administrator during the Publish process:

Yes, I understand that you want to extend Login capabilities in LightSwitch, but sometimes maybe there is no need for that.

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:50 PM
  • 1) Admin does a reset after verifying user is the user.

2) Providing ability to reset without at least an email notification round trip would allow anyone to reset passwords. So no security.  You would at least have to have a screen where user enters email address and that must match the account. An automated email is then sent with a reset link in the email. Many sites do this.  I am not sure all this workflow can be done in asp default controls without coding, but could be wrong.

- "Five is right out!" Please mark as answered if this answers the question :-)
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:24 PM