none
802.11ac and 802.11n at 5GHz RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible on a Raspberry Pi 2 (or 3) with Windows 10 IoT Core to have Wifi 802.11ac and 802.11n at 5GHz?

I know the list of compatible hardware: https://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/SupportedInterfaces.htm#WiFi-Dongles

None of the Wifi dongles in the list supports ac or n at 5GHz. However, I know that you can make work other Wifi dongles if you get the driver (compiled for ARM) and you install it with devcon.exe (I have a Edimax EW-7811UN working on one of my Raspberries with Wiondows IoT Core after downloading the ARM drivers from Edimax web page).

Also, I suppose that if you have the source code you can compile it in the architecture of your choice.

In conclusion, there is some way to obtain the drivers for ARM (or compile it) of a Wifi dongle with ac or n at 5GHz?

Thank you!

Thursday, April 7, 2016 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi MarinaMT,

Driver source code can be pretty tough to get.  Likely you will have to go to the device OEM for there driver source and I suspect they are unlikely to give it out to you but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

Best of luck,

IoTGirl

Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:03 PM