none
Extension method not being resolved at runtime in C# after converting project from 2010 to 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Im referencing an external DLL UITestingUtilities.dll inside my CodedUI project. There are three extension methods that are related to my object WinTreeItem in thid DLL. Inside Visual Studio I can see that these three methods are properly associated and also there is no error. However, at runtime, two methods are visible TryFind and GetState but third method GetValue is not being resolved.

The error I get is "An exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: GetProperty of "Value" is not supported on control type: TreeItem"

I feel that due to name so generic GetValue, it is being resolved as GetValue of PropertyInfo at runtime.

I've called the method directly, I did cast, just nothing working.

Also, this is happening after converting project from Visual Studio 2010 to 2013. In 2010 it was working fine.

Help please

• Edited by AbbasDenver Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:32 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• AbbasDenver,

I don't see anything in your post that relates to customizing or programming Microsoft Project, a project management application, and that is the exclusive focus of this forum. I suggest you delete this post and find a forum for Visual Studio.

John

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:46 PM
  • This was the closest I found. I searched on main page but there is nothing for Visual Studio. People are even posting C# questions in Sharepoint. Dont know whats the right forum for this kind of question. Going to stackoverflow but will come back to check again

Thanks

• Edited by AbbasDenver Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:30 PM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:20 PM
  • AbbasDenver,

Yes I agree, when they "updated" the forum formats a few years back, they made it a lot more difficult to find many of the basic forums. Try the following:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/vstudio/en-us/home?category=visualstudio%2cvslanguages%2cvstfs%2cnetdevelopment%2cvsarch

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:49 PM