how to write custom query in SQL Server Migration Assistant to migrate Oracle data in parts RRS feed

• Question

• Using SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle.  Success for most of the tables except 2 are very large.  Too many rows for the Oracle server to handle it.  Is there a way to break the data migration into more than one batch load in SSMA?  I can't see a way to do so...

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• Hi hez01,

What error messages you received when the migration failed?

For your requirement, breaking the data migration, I think we can deal with it on the oracle side, maybe we can cut the table into several small tables and migrated.

Please post the error message if you have received when you are migrating the data. It is helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Iric Wen Monday, April 23, 2012 6:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric Wen Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:59 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi hez01,

What error messages you received when the migration failed?

For your requirement, breaking the data migration, I think we can deal with it on the oracle side, maybe we can cut the table into several small tables and migrated.

Please post the error message if you have received when you are migrating the data. It is helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Iric Wen Monday, April 23, 2012 6:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric Wen Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:59 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 6:23 AM
  • please check the below link.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/281364/Solving-Performance-issues-in-data-migration-to-SQ

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 9:32 AM