none
Is it possible to use SharePoint Design Manager with Project Srever 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I need to create a home page for my Project Sites with a different layout. I saw in here that SharePoint Server 2013 comes with Design Manager feature that would help me with this, but I can't find where in Project Server 2013 I activate this feature. Is it possible to use it with Project Server? If yes, how can I activate and use it?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

Are you talking about SharePoint Designer? From the site actions menu, you should have a "edit in sharepoint designer" option. Note that you can install it for free as far as I can remember.

Also you could refer to this excellent article by Trebb which explains how to customize you PWA homepage in a simple way.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:02 PM
  • Hi!

No, not SharePoint Designer, that one I know how to use it. :-) Design Manager is a different thing from SharePoint Designer. You can see some images of it in here. Also the purpose was not to customize PWA home page, but the home page of the Project Sites. But thanks anyway :-)

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Thanks Pedro,

I actually didn't know Design Manager. I found this TechNet article which you might already know but it is not mentionning Project Server at all. I can see in my Project Online instance under site settings, look and feel section, I have something that could be translated in engish as "Design Manager" whcih might be what you're looking for (it seems to be relevant with your video).

Maybe other folks will jump in and give you another answer.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 12:57 PM