Web Control Library Embedded Stylesheet And WebConfig theme RRS feed

• Question

• User-804515649 posted

Hi,

I have one control library which built runtime custom infobox control.

There is one CSS file embedded in this control library which works properly for my few modules.  But, in one of my module it loads WebResource.axd in the client browser but unable to apply classes over any control. I have opened AXD file and all the defined classes exists. 

Then, I found the root cause of this issue. In my this project we use page theme in the web.config file, where this embeded css file doesnt work.

<pages theme="Default" validateRequest="true">

When I remove this tag from my web.config file, hence its started applying all the declared classes under embeded css file.

Please help me on this. How can I get rid of this kind of problem.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:57 AM

All replies

• User1747761241 posted

Here's ways to make your controls more autonomous.

1. You can add default styling to your control.
    2. You can drop a style section on the webpage.

The web.config is configuration for the whole website.  If the style sheet configured on the web.config level doesn't suit your needs then put the style sheet configuration on the page or site.master.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:57 AM
  • User-804515649 posted

Thanks for your quick response.

But I cant change the default configuration. I mean its running since so long and if I change anything then it could impact other projects too.

Mainly, this project integrated with other modules too.

if I go by below point then, I have to manully add styling on each page. there are various pages across module. Master and Individual.

-> You can drop a style section on the webpage

And, about your other point. This also coulnt possible as I have dll which built custom control. This DLL renders infobox control using HTML writer object. where I can pass or set class name.

-> You can add default styling to your control

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:10 AM