none
Library not registered error with VS 2015 professional update2

Question

• Hi,

After installing VS 2015 professional update2, I have tried to register the product. When key is entered, there is no response The dialogue box just doesn't go away.

Also when I try to create new project it says "Library not registered".

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED))
    OK  

Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshman M.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Lakshman M,

I have checked your installation log, there doesn't have installation error. So your Visual Studio installed correctly.

Since the installation successful in another machine without this problem, I'm afraid that this problem related to your machine environment. And you also mentioned there has lots of third part components installed on your machine, I suggest you install the Visual Studio on a clean machine and register it. Then install these third part components one by one. After installing every one components, please operate your Visual Studio again, it can help us make sure which component causes this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Lakshman M,

Please run your Visual Studio as administrator and then register your Visual Studio which can make sure it has enough permissions do any operations.

And since this problem occurs after installing Visual Studio, I'm afraid that there has any problem when installing. Please try repair your Visual Studio again to check whether this problem can be fixed.

If problem still exist, please download the Visual Studio Professional 2015 with Update 2 ISO installer and use FCIV.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841290 to verify hash of the ISO. Any discrepancy would indicate. Then SHA-1 value for ISO installer, please refer to:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

And if the ISO installer is correct and installing without error message, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 2:49 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Thank you for your help.

I have installed using ISO after verifying it using SHA 1 value with FCIV.exe. Just as you suggested but error persists. Unable share the link for install logs.

Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshman M

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 12:48 PM
  • Hi Lakshman M,

Please past the installation log link as common text here. I will copy it to browser directly to open it. I need to analysis the installation log to confirm whether there has any problem when installing.

And if possible, please try install on another machine to check whether there has any problem on your current machine environment.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:08 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

thank you!

Please check it here.:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=614F637AC52D0116!654&authkey=!ADzXnuoTSfMxdz4&ithint=file%2czip

On other machines, installation successful and this issue does not exist. On my machine I have Delphi 5 and lot of third party components installed.

Thanks

Friday, June 10, 2016 4:25 AM
  • Hi Lakshman M,

I have checked your installation log, there doesn't have installation error. So your Visual Studio installed correctly.

Since the installation successful in another machine without this problem, I'm afraid that this problem related to your machine environment. And you also mentioned there has lots of third part components installed on your machine, I suggest you install the Visual Studio on a clean machine and register it. Then install these third part components one by one. After installing every one components, please operate your Visual Studio again, it can help us make sure which component causes this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, June 10, 2016 5:26 AM
  • Thanks Weiwei,

I will try to do that and update.

Thanks.

Friday, June 10, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Hi Lakshman M,

Do you have tried and what's the result? I'm waiting for your response and if any issue, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, June 13, 2016 1:05 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Yesterday, I installed VS 2015 professional on my machine after reinstalling Win 7, SP 1. VS is working fine now.

I need to install Delphi 5 and third party components. Is there a way we can do it without running into any issues? Thanks a lot.

Lakshman M.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hi Lakshman M,

I'm glad that your Visual Studio is working fine now.

Please install the Delphi 5 and third party components one by one. After installing every one of them, please operate your Visual Studio again to make sure this component is compatible with Visual Studio perfectly.

In addition, since your original posted problem has been resolved, please mark the helpful reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

In any problem about Visual Studio in future, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:23 AM