Search DLNA devices

Question

• I want to search DLNA devices and browse media on them. I have found WinRT APIs in the Windows.Devices.Enumeration and Windows.Devices.Enumeration.Pnp namespaces. And There list additional properties for a device or PnP object:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464997.aspx

I can't find the property like "System.Devices.ServiceAddress",  "System.Devices.ServiceId", "System.Devices.IpAddress".

So I don't know how to get the service list of the device, ex, ContentDirectory service, AVTransport service.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:33 AM

Answers

• DLNA devices are exposed through the MediaServerDevices known folder, as seanhc noted.  These devices are automatically added on a home network.  Each subfolder under the MediaServerDevices folder corresponds to a DLNA server (DMS) on the network.  Below that, the folder hierarchy corresponds to the container hierarchy on the server.  You can browse the server's content in the same way you browse content on the local disk.

Friday, April 27, 2012 12:38 AM

All replies

• smilefishcc,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Hi,

I have the similar question. I only know that KnownFolders.MediaServerDevices can access DLNA devices as "one" folder. But I don't know how to distinguish each devices as different folders.

Any comments ?

Thanks

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:38 AM
  • DLNA devices are exposed through the MediaServerDevices known folder, as seanhc noted.  These devices are automatically added on a home network.  Each subfolder under the MediaServerDevices folder corresponds to a DLNA server (DMS) on the network.  Below that, the folder hierarchy corresponds to the container hierarchy on the server.  You can browse the server's content in the same way you browse content on the local disk.

Friday, April 27, 2012 12:38 AM