Visual Studio 2010 and Vault, file already checkout out issue RRS feed

• Question

• Using VS 2010 and Vault. Everything worked fine through VS 2008 (of course 2008 is superior to 2010 in every way). Once we switched to 2010 it has been nothing but a nightmare for me, honestly. This product was clearly rushed out the door. The issue that is driving me nuts right now is that every time I change a file it tries to auto checkout. Then it tells me it can't check it out because I already have the file checked out (which isn't true). Then it checks the file out anyway and lets me edit it. It is really annoying. Is there a way to stop that or is it just another of the hundreds of issues, bugs and problems I am going to have to deal with in VS 2010 (none of which existed in 2008 btw, good job on fixing what wasn't broken and breaking what was fixed)?
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:07 PM

Answers

• mscheaf,

What version of Vault are you using?  What integrated client are you using (Classic or Enhanced)? VS 2010 did change some of the way the integration for source code control worked within the Enhanced, so Vault 5.0.4 or later will be needed (as Vault 5.0.3 or earlier will not work correctly in VS 2010).  However, Vault Classic client integration should work just fine.

I've never heard / seen this problem, as the VS 2010 integration works. If you are on the correct version of Vault, contacting our support department through email or the support forum might be the quickest way to resolve the issue.

HTH

Jeff Clausius - SourceGear

Stretching VSS to its limits? Have you looked at SourceGear Vault?

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi mscheaf,

You could post the Vauly related question on the Vauly support forum: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewforum.php?f=35  VS 2010 just provide the interface to source control tool, and for this specific tool issues, it is better to consult it to the manufacturer. Thanks.

@jclausius - SG, do you have any ideas on this issue?

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, March 30, 2012 5:24 AM
  • mscheaf,

What version of Vault are you using?  What integrated client are you using (Classic or Enhanced)? VS 2010 did change some of the way the integration for source code control worked within the Enhanced, so Vault 5.0.4 or later will be needed (as Vault 5.0.3 or earlier will not work correctly in VS 2010).  However, Vault Classic client integration should work just fine.

I've never heard / seen this problem, as the VS 2010 integration works. If you are on the correct version of Vault, contacting our support department through email or the support forum might be the quickest way to resolve the issue.

HTH

Jeff Clausius - SourceGear

Stretching VSS to its limits? Have you looked at SourceGear Vault?

Friday, March 30, 2012 4:18 PM