none
Visual Studio window settings help

Question

• Hi all,

Have a couple of small issues that are annoying me slightly. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Is there a way to permanently remove the +/- collapsing sings from the left of the code? I can use the keyboard shortcut but they keep coming back.

Is is also possible to make the gap on the left smaller (between the code and the window edge)? It's just that when you remove the +/- signs it looks like all your code is indented and is quite off-putting. (Link below to screenshot to help).

http://postimg.org/image/ysx56pfel/

Hugely appreciative for any help on this. :)

Mark

Monday, January 11, 2016 4:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Rubakai,

>>Is there a way to permanently remove the +/- collapsing sings from the left of the code?

Please disable the Outlining from menu Edit -> Outlining -> Stop Outlining as below image shows. It will disable that function permanently until you reopen it.

>>Is is also possible to make the gap on the left smaller (between the code and the window edge)?

I have checked all settings in Visual Studio Tools -> Options, I don't find a setting which used to control the gap between the code and the window edge.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:43 AM