Lightswitch Application Publish Certficate Error - Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I was trying to publish an LS project on Azure platform for the first time.

For this downloaded the certificate and trying to import that. Since from long try couldn't able to succeeded.

Also attached the error screenshot. Please give me some way to achieve so.

Mahen CEO - Private

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:40 AM

All replies

• Any help in solving this error ??

Is this a visual studio problem or something else has to be done ??

Mahen CEO - Private

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Hi subrat

For this Azure Certficate error issue, please refer our previous discusssion about LightSwitch application with Code Signing Certificate, I think it will be hrlpful to solve this.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5c0d4883-0d73-46b6-96a9-943b2fc04df3/visual-studio-stop-working-when-publish-the-ls-application-with-code-signing-certificate

moreover, you an also take a look at Beth Massi's blog to deploy LightSwitch application to Azure website.

Deploy Your LightSwitch Apps to Azure Websites

Regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:15 AM
  • Hi Angie,

Glad to get your reply. This is very crucial time for me to publish the App on Azure Website.

As you mentioned all the possible things we have tried. But I am not using the code authentication certificate at this point in time since for the trial, using "publishsetting file" which got downloaded from Azure itself.

Please find the step by step procedure I followed and got the error.

Please give me some way to solve this error.

Mahen CEO - Private

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:24 AM
  • Is there anyone from MSFT to give some highlights.

Mahen CEO - Private

Friday, November 29, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Hi subrat

Thanks for your feedback.

I’m sorry for hearing your frustration on this issue.

For this certificate for the given thumbprint could not be loaded error,

The 2.2 Azure SDK features the ability to log into Azure with your credentials, rather than needing to use certificates.  The SDK includes a new version of the LightSwitch publish wizard that also incorporates this feature. You could follow Dave Kidder's guide to do that.

If it still has same issue, please don’t hesitate to let me know, or we will need forward this to Microsoft Lightswitch development team for help.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, November 29, 2013 9:54 AM
  • Hello Angie

Happy to get your reply.

I have gone through the above link where Dave has explained the steps.

But that is not solving my problem. We had a chat with Azure team as well but according to them assembly problem might be there.

Then we cross checked and uninstalled the assemblies of Azure SDK 2.1 and 2012 versions because both the assemblies were installed.

Again installed the Azure SDK 2.1 version as it is required for VS 2014 update 4 according to Azure team, because I am using Visual Studio Premium 2012 (x86). But while publishing in the Azure wizard, it is redirecting to download 1.8 version. If I uninstall the 2.1 version and install the 1.8 version again then the problem is not resolving. It is the same.

So really need the genuine guidance to achieve the desired result.

Mahen CEO - Private

Friday, November 29, 2013 12:08 PM
  • Hello Angie,

Can you please find a solution for this issue ?

Really so much of frustration due to this and can't able to proceed further.

Mahen CEO - Private

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Hi subrat

You can consider submitting this issue to Microsoft Connect feedback LightSwitch portal (https://connect.microsoft.com/  ), Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

Best regards

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Yes. I have submitted this to Microsoft connect feedback Lightswitch portal.

Mahen CEO - Private

Sunday, December 8, 2013 8:52 PM