Member_list too long, runs over footer toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• User1000466446 posted

My membership list has grown to a point were it now scrolls over my footer toolbar.

Why isn't the content section growing to accept the larger membership DataList and pushing down the toolbar?

Where do I start looking,

Thanks

Gord

Saturday, January 6, 2007 11:06 PM

Answers

• User1000466446 posted
    Answer was that the border of the databound control's container was streched into the footer area and had a fixed height. Removed the height setting and TA DA!
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, January 7, 2007 4:05 PM

All replies

• User1335583151 posted

Hi there my friend,

DataList is not meant for huge lists and very large lists make websites look bad, which is probably why this issue has not been addressed in .NET. 

I would suggest reducing the list by splitting the members into categories.  I worked on a vacation site that wanted to show every destination it had vacations in on one page.  However, the list soon got too long so we had 2 lists instead of 1.  One for the countries and the other for the destinations in the country that you chose, which would change when you selected different countries. 

Hope this helps

Scotty

Sunday, January 7, 2007 8:18 AM
  • User2069888697 posted

It should grow with your list.  I checked it in both IE and Mozilla.  I have 148 members and do not have this problem.

I do have this problem on my downloads page in Mozilla only,  I am not using this page at the moment so I have not tried to correct it.

http://aspsksolutions.com/aspsk/DownLoads.aspx

Have you made any changes to the page?

Sunday, January 7, 2007 8:46 AM
  • User1000466446 posted
    Answer was that the border of the databound control's container was streched into the footer area and had a fixed height. Removed the height setting and TA DA!
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, January 7, 2007 4:05 PM