Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble installing vcssetup.exe. It stops loading after it extracts the installation files and opens the "Setup is loading installation components. This may take a minute or two." screen. There are about 4 bars left to load and it stops. How can I get it to carry on? Tongue Tied

Tuesday, August 2, 2005 11:33 AM

Answers

• I found out how to make the installation continue. I uninstalled Norton Internet Security because it always asks you if you want to let a program use the internet, and with the installation, it doesn't bring a window up asking if you want to let it.
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:21 AM

All replies

• Just wanted to add, I'm having the same problem, only mine hangs up after two bars show up. Any other users with this problem?
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 4:10 AM
  • I found out how to make the installation continue. I uninstalled Norton Internet Security because it always asks you if you want to let a program use the internet, and with the installation, it doesn't bring a window up asking if you want to let it.
    Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:21 AM
  • If that will not help check if you have SQL express installed and if you do uninstall it before running VS setup.
    Friday, August 12, 2005 7:09 PM