none
Command line BTS WCF Consuming Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Wonder if there is anything like a command line BTS WCF Consuming tool just like the BtsWCFPublishing tool . We have a set of services which are in development phase and are constantly changing. We want to consume the wsdl in our orchestrations and are using the WCF Consuming Wizard from VS 2008 . The process seems to be too much time consuming when its done manually . I can write a script to aumotate this peice if something like a tool is available for this purpose..

svcutil.exe /t:metadata provides the xsd which is similar to the ones generated by WCF Consuming wizard. But it doesnt create the binding files and the naming formats are slightly bit different..

thanks

anthstone

Friday, August 6, 2010 5:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Anthstone,

I am afraid there is not an commandline tool that creates bindingfile as in WCF Consuming Wizard. An option could be contacting MS support.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:24 AM
  • I have asked the BizTalk product group for something like this before too. It would be a very nice feature. I have tried to automate this before as well but have been unsuccessful. I did even try to open the assemblies in Reflector and call into it like VS does but needed to use reflection on private members and just stopped working with it at that point.

As for generating the binding file, you are best off just copying and modifying an existing one. The SOAP action proc name can be found fairly easily.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:42 PM
  • Just an update on this. I've recently found a solution to this in Michael Stephenson's blog. He has written a custom MSBuild script that does most of the generation except the binding files.

You can find it here.

http://geekswithblogs.net/michaelstephenson/archive/2008/07/29/124078.aspx

Cheers

Anthstone

• Marked as answer by Anthstone Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:10 PM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Anthstone,

I am afraid there is not an commandline tool that creates bindingfile as in WCF Consuming Wizard. An option could be contacting MS support.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:24 AM
  • I have asked the BizTalk product group for something like this before too. It would be a very nice feature. I have tried to automate this before as well but have been unsuccessful. I did even try to open the assemblies in Reflector and call into it like VS does but needed to use reflection on private members and just stopped working with it at that point.

As for generating the binding file, you are best off just copying and modifying an existing one. The SOAP action proc name can be found fairly easily.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:42 PM
  • Thanks Ben . I tried using the Biztalk WCF consuming dll as well , but couldnt do anything with it . About the point on Binding , the wizard creates and updates newly introduced methods into the binding file . Updating them via custom code should be painful .

Thanks

Anthstone

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:27 AM
  • It is actually not that bad to write to the Binding file. Try using LINQ to Xml.

Thanks,

Friday, August 13, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Just an update on this. I've recently found a solution to this in Michael Stephenson's blog. He has written a custom MSBuild script that does most of the generation except the binding files.

You can find it here.

http://geekswithblogs.net/michaelstephenson/archive/2008/07/29/124078.aspx

Cheers

Anthstone

• Marked as answer by Anthstone Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:10 PM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:09 PM
  • Ben,

Just getting back to it after a long time . Do you have any peice of code that does this already ?

will be great help

thanks

Anthstone

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:22 AM