Dynamic Data validation bypassed RRS feed

• Question

• User701656190 posted

In my Dynamic Data application, I used the ListDetails page template. In the edit mode, I found client side validation script is not called. The invalid input will be submitted to server side. Did anyone ever experience such issue? And what might causes this problem?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:03 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

I suspect that the validation information is not coming accross the service, you could check this by debuggin one fo the field templates and seeing if the validators get set-up correctly.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 4:44 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

Have you check this with a vanila app? as I have never heard of anyone with this issue before?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:15 AM
  • User701656190 posted

Hi, Sjnaughton

What do you mean by a vanila app?

I do have a simplified project running on the same machine. The key compoments referenced are same for the simplified and real project. The simplified project works very well on validation, no that kind of issue. But I spent a lot of time, still couldn't figure out what's wrong with my real project.

I alse checked the HTML source of the rendered page, and found the validators of the field template did get rendered. But when I debugged the client javascript in IE, I found those rendered validators are by passed because they are "disabled". It's very weird.

Any idea? Maybe some components conflict with Dynamic Data that makes the the validators not rendered properly?

Thanks,

Samson

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:44 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Where you create a Dynamic Data application from the Project template and add your model with no customisation?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:33 AM
  • User701656190 posted

Hi, Stephen

The simple project is based on David Ebbo's prototype code, because I need to use Dynamic Data and WCF Data service together:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1761518.aspx?How+to+access+a+WCF+Data+Service+from+an+ASP+NET+Dynamic+Data+Application+

The simple project is based on Dynamic Data project template with a little customization. The validation works pretty well.

My real project is a ASP.NET application with the Dynamic Data features merged into it.

Samson

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:54 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

I suspect that the validation information is not coming accross the service, you could check this by debuggin one fo the field templates and seeing if the validators get set-up correctly.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 4:44 AM
  • User701656190 posted

Hi, Stephen

You're really an expert. The place you pointed out is what the problem is. I don't know why the previouse developers commented out the code to setup the Validators. After I bring them back, everything is OK now.

Thanks,

Samson

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:51 AM