TFS 2017 WebAccess- Bug: new Form does NOT exclude groups properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

we migrated from TFS 2015 Update 2 to TFS 2017. Now we see two Bugs in the new form.

In the new form we see TFS groups (AssignedTo field) - but we have excluded groups in the definition:

<FIELD name="Assigned To" refname="System.AssignedTo" type="String" syncnamechanges="true" reportable="dimension">
      <HELPTEXT>The person currently working on this story</HELPTEXT>        
      <DEFAULT from="currentuser" />        
      <ALLOWEDVALUES expanditems="true" filteritems="excludegroups">          
      <LISTITEM value="[global]\Developers" />
      </ALLOWEDVALUES>
    </FIELD>

Now when we search in WebAcess for "c" - we get this:

"Developers" is a TFS Group which contains two AD-Groups.

Are there any fixes, WorkArounds?

Search is incomplete:

The search in the AssignedTo Field only Searches in the first names of my AD-Users (from start)

and ignores the second name completely!

Thank you,

Andi

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi duck42,

Thank you for posting here.

I tried to reproduce your issue in my machine, and I could search these groups as the same result with you, but when I select these groups, I got the following result, and I could not save the changes:

Please check if you could select these groups and save the changes.

About the search result, it is designed by default. You need to type in the whole name. For example, if the user name is User Mike, you could not get the user if you search "M" or "Mike", you need yo type in "User M". About this issue, you could also submit your uservoice to the following link, TFS Product Team is listening to your voice there:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:42 AM
  • Hi Gao,

I can select a group but I can not save the form with the group. This is ok.

But our users should NOT see any groups - this is confusing for them.
    In TFS 2015 there were NO groups shown in the result.

I will post a user voice entry. 
    If you are the developer or PM of this stuff, please keep in mind to change this search algorithm.
    Many people have the same first name and therefore we want to search fast by the second name.

Thank you,
    Andi

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:57 AM
  • Hi duck42,

I am not the developer, but you could post here user voice link here. So that other community member could see and vote for it. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by duck42 Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:39 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:39 AM