none
SSRS report usign project server cube 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using the default available OLAP cube named as "Task Non Timephased".

I am building a report using SSRS. my data source  connection to SSRS report is SSAS cube.

Inside Task Non Timephased there are two dimensions as "Project List" and "Task List".

When I am creating a report by dragging these two fields in the value section I am able to see the project name and tasks of the project but I am not getting the hierarchy in the tasks.

Please help.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Shaikh Sufiyan,

Task hierarchy as such will not be available as the information is pulled from the reporting database. So, you will have to write custom queries to pull the parent tasks and for each task get the hierarchy but indentation might not be possible again.

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

• Proposed as answer by Vikram Daruru Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:37 AM
  • Hi Shaikh,

if you pull both the TaskUID and the TaskParentUID (I think in this case you should query the reporting DB directly, I don't remember if they are in the Cube) you can then insert a Tablix and create a hierarchy.

You'll have to group the Details rows by TaskUID and then, in the Advanced tab, add the TaskParentUID as Recursive parent. Using the Left Padding you can also indent the TaskName accordingly to its hierarchy level, like you see in Project Professional.

Regards,

Fabrizio.

Friday, January 24, 2014 2:18 PM