none
SSMS "Add New Item" Not In Menu RRS feed

• Question

• I am now starting to create actual database projects in  SSMS but the problem is that when I go to create add a new item by right-clicking on the project all i get is

Existing Item

New Connection

New Query

So, can anyone tell me how do I get the 'Add New Item' menu item to appear so I don't have do the riduculous way of creating a new query, then open another non-project script item from template explorer, then copy the contents from latter to former and then close the superfluous non-project script item.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:03 PM

Answers

• So, can anyone tell me how do I get the 'Add New Item' menu item to appear so I don't have do the riduculous way of creating a new query, then open another non-project script item from template explorer, then copy the contents from latter to former and then close the superfluous non-project script item.

It is not necessary to copy and paste the query contents from non-project script explorer to the other. Open a new "New Query", write the query there and then save it to the appropriate location. Go to project tab and choose to add an existing item.

Second option is to right click the "Script" folder in the project and add a new query which is though the simple one.

Regards, RSingh

Friday, January 24, 2014 6:47 AM

All replies

• Did you alread try to add this option by [tools menu]\customize\commands\project\"add new item"

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:34 PM
  • It's not availble in the commands list box.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:55 PM
  • DCollier,

Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, January 20, 2014 7:47 AM
    Owner
  • So, can anyone tell me how do I get the 'Add New Item' menu item to appear so I don't have do the riduculous way of creating a new query, then open another non-project script item from template explorer, then copy the contents from latter to former and then close the superfluous non-project script item.

It is not necessary to copy and paste the query contents from non-project script explorer to the other. Open a new "New Query", write the query there and then save it to the appropriate location. Go to project tab and choose to add an existing item.

Second option is to right click the "Script" folder in the project and add a new query which is though the simple one.

Regards, RSingh

Friday, January 24, 2014 6:47 AM