none
Orchestration to Receive AS2 and Send Synchronous MDN. RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I need to create an Orchestration which receives the AS2 and send back the MDN sysnchronously. I am not sure how and which messageType to subscribe to send the MDN. Any help ??

Regards,

Vishnu
    Monday, June 7, 2010 10:04 AM

Answers

• Generation of MDN is taken care at the Pipeline stage. If it is EDI AS2 then at the EDI Disassembler stage and if it is only AS2 then at the AS2 disassembler stage. I had one Archiving component to be called at Decode but was not fired after Decode stage was passed. Though with some workaround I have been able to achieve both the things. Archiving of EDI message [Not the disassembled EDI] and sending MDN synchronously. Also AS2 disassembler returns two xml messages one is MDN and one is the disassembled message. Any one who wants to write a custom component should take care of this info.

Regards,

Vishnu
    • Marked as answer by callvishnu Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:52 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:52 PM

All replies

• I don't think you need an Orchestration for this and there could be many ways to skin this cat, but I would do the following.

Set up "Generate MDN" settings for the party that will be sending the AS2 messages.  Once this is complete BizTalk will generate the MDN when it receives the AS2 message.  Then can create a send port to send the MDN back to your trading partner and just set the filters of the send port so it subscribes to the MDN's created by BizTalk.

[Send Port Filter]

EdiIntAS.IsAS2AsynchronousMdn == True  And

BTS.ReceivePortName == [Name of the receive port that received the AS2 message]

Monday, June 7, 2010 4:20 PM
  • Generation of MDN is taken care at the Pipeline stage. If it is EDI AS2 then at the EDI Disassembler stage and if it is only AS2 then at the AS2 disassembler stage. I had one Archiving component to be called at Decode but was not fired after Decode stage was passed. Though with some workaround I have been able to achieve both the things. Archiving of EDI message [Not the disassembled EDI] and sending MDN synchronously. Also AS2 disassembler returns two xml messages one is MDN and one is the disassembled message. Any one who wants to write a custom component should take care of this info.

Regards,

Vishnu
    • Marked as answer by callvishnu Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:52 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Hi Vishnu,

This is Ram  H R U currently i am working in B2B integartion by using EDIAS2  could u give me u r NO: i want discus with u about EDIFACT shall we share knowldge on Biztalk.

Thanks,

Ram

Friday, June 11, 2010 2:00 AM